What is Help to Buy?
Help to Buy equity loan scheme means you can move with just a 5% deposit and is available for both first time buyers and existing home owners.
- The Government provides an equity loan of up to 20% of the value of your property which is interest free for 5 years
- The Help to Buy equity loan can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your home
- You then need to secure up to a 75% mortgage (there is a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme, so you can find something to suit your budget)
- Available exclusively on new build homes up to £600,000 in England, £300,000 in Wales and £200,000 in Scotland
Who is eligible?
The scheme is available to first-time buyers and existing home owners. The home you buy must be your only residence. Help to Buy is not available to assist buy-to-let investors or those who will own any other property after they complete.
The terms of the scheme vary between England, Scotland, Wales and London, so take a look at the Help to Buy Scheme in your area.
How does it work?
- Open to first time buyers and those who have sold their previous home
- You only need a minimum 5% deposit to qualify
- You will only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society
- The Government funds the remaining 20% with a deferred loan*
- The loan can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your home
- You won’t be charged loan fees on the 20% loan for the first five years of owning your home.
- You own 100% of your new home
- Not available with Part Exchange
- Not available if you own any other properties
- Available on all our stunning homes!
Buy new for real peace of mind
Help to Buy gives you the opportunity to find the perfect home that’s right for you right now – all you need is a 5% deposit. Whether you’re after more space to entertain or room for your kids to play, you’ll be delighted with the open-plan, multi-purpose spaces that are included in a Rose & Co home.